CARARE ran a series of training workshops for content providers preparing metadata for harvesting and developed these training materials to accompany the workshops.
The CARARE training workshops covered:
- Installing and configuring OAI-PMH repository software
- Understanding Europeana metadata models and ”standards” such as ESE and EDM
- Extracting local data into XML-files
- Using the CARARE metadata ingestion and mapping tool to map local metadata schemas to the CARARE metadata schema
- Using the CARARE repository
3D Training Materials
This training manual provides a guide on how to create effective 3D PDF files through conversion from other commonly used formats in cultural heritage applications, and includes the metadata needed to support access in Europeana.