The MINT mapping service is a web based platform designed to support metadata mapping and ingestion for cultural heritage content and metadata in Europe, which is developed by the National Technical University of Athens.
MINT has been deployed for CARARE to help support institutions with archaeological and architectural content to prepare their metadata for harvesting and aggregation. The functions of the service include:
- Register users
- Create and manage users and organisations
- Import metadata using one of the following options: Xml, CSV, HTTP, FTP, OAI-PMH.
- Analysis of the imported metadata - elements, usage
- Create mapping to the CARARE metadata schema
- Transform metadata to CARARE schema format
- Preview metadata in CARARE and Europeana formats
- Publish metadata to the CARARE MORE repository
- CARARE MINT Service
- MINT User Manual
CARARE user guide to MINT